This web site is provided for your information and entertainment, and we hope you enjoy using it. Please browse the web site and make use of its various features, but please be aware that your use of the web site is subject to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this web site.
- Ownership and Operation
- Agreement to Be Bound
- Continuing Agreement
- Use of Site Materials
- Downloaded Software
- Geographic Scope of Site
- Links to Other Sites
- Contents of the Web Site - Disclaimer
- Operation of the Web Site - Disclaimer
- Limitation of Liability
- Limitations as to Paragraphs 10, 11 and 12
- Availability of Help
- Applicable Law; Jurisdiction
- No Waiver
- No Legal Effect
1. Ownership and Operation This web site belongs to Ben & Jerry’s Homemade, Inc., 30 Community Drive, South Burlington, Vermont 05403-6828, US. Our phone number is 802-846-1500. Ben & Jerry’s may, in its sole discretion and at any time, modify or discontinue this web site or specific portions of it.
4. Use of Site Materials Ben & Jerry’s owns the copyright for all of the material on the web site or has a valid right from a third party to use material on the web site. Ben & Jerry’s also owns or has a valid right to use all trademarks, service marks, and trade names used on this web site. No part of the web site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices on the materials. Any modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Ben & Jerry’s copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other web site or computer network without Ben & Jerry’s written consent is strictly prohibited. Your use of the trademarks, service marks and trade names on this web site in any manner other than as authorized in these terms and conditions, or as authorized in writing by Ben & Jerry’s, is strictly prohibited.
5. Downloaded Software If you download software from this website, the software and all files, images and data relating to the software will be licensed to you by Ben & Jerry’s. You do not own the downloaded software, and Ben & Jerry’s does not transfer ownership of the Software to you. Ben & Jerry’s retains full ownership of and title to the downloaded software and all intellectual property rights related to the software. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the software to a human-perceivable form. Software that is downloaded from this web site is subject to United States export control laws. If you download software from this web site, you represent and warrant to Ben & Jerry’s that you are not acting in violation of those laws.
8. Geographic Scope of Site Ben & Jerry’s controls and operates this web site from within the United States of America. Unless otherwise specified on or by this web site, this web site is intended to promote only those Ben & Jerry’s products that are sold by Ben & Jerry’s in the United States and its territories, and Ben & Jerry’s makes no representation that materials in this web site or the products described thereby are appropriate or available for use in other locations. All visitors to this web site are responsible for compliance with all local laws applicable to them with respect to the content and operation of this web site.
9. Links to Other Sites For your convenience and enjoyment, this web site may provide links to other web sites on the World Wide Web that are not operated by Ben & Jerry’s. These links do not mean that Ben & Jerry’s endorses, approves or sponsors any information available at the linked site or any products that may be sold there, nor is Ben & Jerry’s liable for any damage that might result from your use of such information or products.
10. Contents of the Web Site - Disclaimer The materials in this web site (including any graphics, software, recommendations or other materials) and any materials made available through this web site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Ben & Jerry’s disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Ben & Jerry’s does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this web site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The materials in this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. These materials could be inaccurate or become inaccurate as a result of developments occurring after their respective dates. Ben & Jerry’s undertakes no obligation to verify or maintain the currency of such information.
Certain links in this web site may link you to other sites on the worldwide web. The linked sites may not be under the control of Ben & Jerry’s and Ben & Jerry’s is in any event not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Ben & Jerry’s is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Ben & Jerry’s is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply a referral by Ben & Jerry’s to, or an endorsement by Ben & Jerry’s of, the linked site or any products or services which may be offered there.
11. Operation of the Web Site - Disclaimer Ben & Jerry’s endeavors to maintain this web site and its operation, but is not, and cannot be, responsible for the results of any defects that may exist in the web site or its operation. As to the operation of the web site, Ben & Jerry’s expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Ben & Jerry’s makes no warranty that (i) the operation of the web site will meet the user’s requirements; (ii) access to the web site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components, or free of defects or errors; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the web site will be accurate or reliable; or (iv) defects will be corrected. You (and not Ben & Jerry’s) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair, or correction that may be necessary for your computer equipment and software as a result of any viruses, errors or any other problems whatsoever you may have as a result of visiting this web site.
12. Limitation of Liability Under no circumstances shall Ben & Jerry’s be liable for any damages or injury, including any direct, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages, that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the web site or any materials in this site, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website or information available in the web site. Ben & Jerry’s shall not be liable even if Ben & Jerry’s or a Ben & Jerry’s authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These include but are not limited to damages or injury caused by error, omission, interruption, defect, failure of performance, delay in operation or transmission, line failure or computer virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful component.
13. Limitations as to Paragraphs 10, 11, and 12 Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. However, in no event shall Ben & Jerry’s total liability to you for damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
14. Postings Ben & Jerry’s may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, and other transmissions on this web site. However, Ben & Jerry’s is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such transmissions or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, illegality or inaccuracy contained in any information transmitted to any such locations on this web site. You may not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Ben & Jerry’s will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Ben & Jerry’s to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials. Ben & Jerry’s may also disclose such information if it has a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Ben & Jerry’s, its customers or the public.
15. Availability of Help This web site may provide a Help file or other instructions for the use of this site. However, you understand that Ben & Jerry’s is under no obligation to provide any support for the use of the web site.