Scoop Shop Training & Support
Our Operations Team helps you work through the challenges typically experienced in a start-up business. We assist and support our franchisees in the following areas, and more:
- Site selection — we provide our franchisees with a playbook and other tools to help them search for and evaluate potential sites. Ultimately, locations must be approved by Ben & Jerry's through a standard review process.
- Design & Build — a comprehensive process overseen by our Construction Manager. While you are your own project manager, we guide you every step of the way, through hiring an architect, getting the store designed and submitted for permitting, hiring a contractor, ordering equipment, and building out the shop.
- "Scoop University"— our initial in-house training program covering Scoop Shop operations, marketing, merchandising, customer service skills, human resources, financial management techniques and more.
- In-store training at your scoop shop prior to opening.
- Access to our proprietary information, including training manuals, recipes, operating standards and tools to help you give back to the communities in which you do business.
- Marketing and promotional support, including shipments of in-shop materials for system-wide campaigns, artwork for both national and local promotions, and other tools designed to help franchisees build their business in their local markets.
- Networking opportunities with fellow-franchisees including Ben & Jerry's annual franchise community gathering, special events and regional meetings.
- Access to our private franchisee extranet site, offering the latest news, success stories, articles, product and operational updates, corporate news and industry trends. The Rolling Cone includes topical forums encouraging an open exchange of ideas and best practices from the experts - our franchisees. If you have questions, they have answers.