Hours per week: 10/15 hours per week
Length of Assignment: Spring Semester of 2019
Location: South Burlington, Vermont
Department: Public Relations
Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion € by 2020. We have a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
- Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
- Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
- Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
The Ben & Jerry’s PR team is looking for an intern for the Spring Semester of 2019.
In this internship role, responsibilities will include: responding to media inquiries, aiding in the support of internal campaign development and product launch support, collaborating and supporting cross-functional teams within the company, PR administrative support, distributing product samples to the media, and drafting and editing media documents all while maintaining a high level of professionalism, being conscious of timely deadlines and confidential information. Other tasks will be assigned as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
Previous experience in PR, communications, marketing and/or digital content.
Strong writing abilities
Video and photography skills are highly desired, but not essential.
A can-do work ethic and the ability to have fun while working hard
Our people profile
To support our 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our teames.
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with through our Social Mission
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders – this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn, grow and develop to contribute to B&Js
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social connectivity
- Your resume
- Letter of intent
- 200-word explanation of why Ben & Jerry's SHOULDN'T hire you
Applications may be sent to Lindsay Bumps, PR Media Maven Lindsay.Bumps@benjerry.com
Subject Line: HIRE ME as your PR Intern!
Application Deadline is December 1st, 2018