Support the global brand development team to coordinate packaging artwork in support of launching new products in new markets (Asia AMET, Japan, and Brazil). Closely works with R&D, regulatory, creative design, legal, and regional brand teams, to create and produce new packaging for export markets. This position reports directly to the Sr. Brand Development Manager – Asia & New Markets and supports the ABM. This is a short-term contract assignment based in South Burlington, VT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Artwork Project management
- Develop and manage artwork process and packaging timelines for all new markets ( Aus/NZ/Singapore/ Japan/ Brazil/ Thailand) - approx. +200 SKUs
- Responsible for briefing the design team to develop AW packaging – Pints/Minis/ Shippers/ Labels
- Ensures on time in full delivery of AW and product pack from design concept briefing to BLUE approvals, to specification management approval, to Color Separation sign off and final production
- Work closely with SC Innovation and Brand Manager to ensure AW timelines meet project timelines
- Manage all DU/MRP and code specifications lists and updates for all new markets needs including SAP set up in country and transfer price costing
- Coordinate with global R&D and Regulatory the Nutritional technical information needed to create back panel labeling for local language pack (Japanese/ Portuguese). Includes R&D and Romance back translation for unique clusters
- Work with SC Innovation & ABM/Brand Manager to coordinate estimated and final transfer pricing (tied to completed AW and SAP set up) for business cases for Innovation projects
- Collect and organize product and pack dimension/specification info for the local in market MDM and sales teams – includes TP info
- Liaise with Specification Management Team (SMT) to ensure New Mkts SKU code details correctly reflected in Specification system for final costing and approval
- Ensure pack shots are adapted or new AW is produced specifically for new mkt package or KV
- Responsible for briefing the copy editor to develop new mkt specific copy as needed
- Responsible for adapting romance copy and managing back translation for on pack claims
- Manage global Trademark requests and legal claim substantiation documents for all packaging
- Coordinate BOM request with Package Development team. Ensure that BOMs include all NM specific criteria such as unique labels/ region codes/ repack info etc. Coordinate with Pkg Team all export shipping, repack and assembly instructions required for New Mkts.
- Manage all trade samples and free goods requests. Coordinate air freight shipping from the offsite warehouse working with the SC and logistics team to ensure delivery in country including all required export documentation – CoA/CoC/ Manufacturer Declarations/Packing List/ Commercial Invoice etc
- Working with SC Innovation and Pkg Team – support and help to track for the innovation projects all required export formats such as pallet configurations/ strapping/ temp tails/ import permits etc and specific shipping documentation per country
- Attend weekly Innovation meeting together with Manager and support monthly RPTM meetings
This role is best suited for someone who is/has:
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional work experience preferably in CPG CompanyEmpathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Highly organized, focused on accuracy and has an appreciation for detailsAutonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Has experience in Project Management and timeline management
- Has experience working with an Innovation Funnel process delivering projects to market
- Understands the critical role of packaging as representation of the brand New Markets
- Has a strong bias for action and has the tenacity for consistent follow-up
- Able to oversee multiple packaging projects (simultaneously) with long lead times
- Can problem solve in systematic way (able to assess situation & propose recommendations)
- Able to work in a fluid environment
- Has strong communication skills (good phone conference skills) and is able to communicate at times with remote cross-functional teams
- Computer proficiency – Word/ Excel/PPT
- Knowledge of or interest in international business and export
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to Mary.Courtney@benjerry.com
Ben & Jerry’s/Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchised Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition: We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales. The model is as simple as it is radical: When the company benefits, all those touched by the company also benefit, including employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. Therefore we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
1) Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
2) Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
3) Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.