Ben & Jerry’s is looking for a mature, highly organized, creative yet detailed, driven, empathic, and analytical, Brand Assistant to join our mission and use our business to create progressive change in the world while making the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible.
This position supports the Asia New Markets team based in Vermont. This position will support the Brand Manager and Asst. Brand Manager to deliver new innovation projects for global new markets as well as support an existing product portfolio across six current markets. The role will require strong people skills and good timeline management to work in a dynamic fast paced team managing multiple projects. Working closely with the Asst. Brand Manager, the Brand Assistant will have the opportunity to engage with global Brand, R&D, operations, graphic design, supply chain, procurement, specification management, finance, legal and regional brand teams. We are looking for a strong candidate who has a keen interest in developing experience in how to bring products to market and launch innovation globally.
This is a temporary position – listed as 10+ months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support brand team on regional innovation project/s (SEAsia, North Asia and Latam) from concept thru to launch in the market. Attend innovation and project specific weekly meetings and circulate notes. Support on follow up actions to drive timeline as needed
• Support brand team on artwork and packaging development process for new SKUs and support existing portfolio updates which would include working closely with creative design, copy writer, trademark, and legal to ensure in country requirements. Follow up one to one with the online artwork approval system will be essential.
• Support coordination of all export trade samples and free goods orders to Asia New Markets
• Support Halal certification renewal process for ANM portfolio
• Exhibit commitment to the brand's social mission and help lead Marketing's contribution to delivering all three elements of Ben & Jerry's three-part mission statement.
• Additional responsibilities as required
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
• 2-3 years’ relevant job experience – preferably experience in consumer packaged goods or operations
• Must possess good organizational skills and be detail oriented
• A real passion for innovative thinking and problem solving
• A strong bias for action – and entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience or exposure working in a cross cultural or international environment preferred
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Office environment, some repetitive motion required.
The above-cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.
Interested Candidates, please respond here with your resume
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, the USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchised Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants, and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition: We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales. The model is as simple as it is radical: When the company benefits, all those touched by the company also benefit, including employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. Therefore we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organization with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
1) Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
2) Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
3) Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The above-cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.