Department: Integrated Marketing
Reports To: US Marketing Managers
Level: Intern (Temporary/Seasonal)
Time Frame: May PT (16 hours/week), June – September FT (40 hours/week)
Support the experiential and digital teams within the Integrated Marketing department, focusing on event and digital marketing tactics on the local and national level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned via US and Experiential Marketing Managers.
Support the Vermont sponsorship program by managing events through the summer season. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage onsite event activations; including sampling and overall brand presence.
- Develop and execute social media tactics surrounding related events
- Work with local B&J retail and catering managers to secure staffing, forecast ice cream needs by event, manage ordering and inventory
- Maintain accurate files and records, submit analysis specific to each event
- Manage local partnerships and coordinate activations alongside Ben & Jerry’s
Support the National sponsorship program by managing event logistics. This includes, but not limited to:
- Project research as related to strategies and tactics
- Ordering and/or shipping supplies
- Ordering and tracking ice cream
- Coordinating deliveries with distributors and/or agency partners
- Coordinating staffing with local franchisees
- Monitoring social media channels, responding when needed
- Managing onsite logistics as needed
Support the 2019 Activism Campaign by managing event and partnership logistics. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Researching event opportunities and maintaining campaign activation calendar
- Working with franchisees and campaign partners coordinate event logistics
- Travel and onsite activation at campaign events as needed
- Developing social media copy for event and campaign promotion
- Tracking and reporting on campaign KPIs
- Creating recap documents
Assist Managers in supporting relationships with contract business, vendors, and third party marketing campaign partners.
Maintain all integrated event equipment and material in good working condition in an organized and user-friendly warehouse/storage space.
The individual selected for this position will have the opportunity to develop their skills in areas including:
- Marketing campaign development, execution, and evaluation
- Event production and experiential brand activation
- Digital marketing strategy, social media content development, and community management
- Project management in a cross-functional, fast paced environment
- Ice cream consumption and enjoyment (three free pints a day!)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Junior or Senior standing in Bachelor degree program, or equivalent combination of education and experience or recent graduate of an 4-year program.
- 1 year experience planning and executing marketing events and sponsorships.
- 1 year experience in QSR environment. Ice cream preferred.
- Must be flexible in high stress situations and be able to effectively trouble shoot.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to energetically & knowledgeably represent our brand.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Solid knowledge of computer software systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Availability for events on nights and weekends.
- Highly organized, energetic, team oriented individual with a positive “can –do” attitude and a strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Access to reliable transportation, clean driving record and current driver’s license.
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
May be required to stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
This position may require repetitive scooping motion .
General cleaning and maintenance is required.
Office environment, some repetitive motion required.
Event/Onsite/Outdoor environment, some repetitive motion required.
Some travel may be required.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.