Hours per week: 30-40 hours
Length of Assignment: June 2021- June 2022
Location: South Burlington, Vermont
Department: US Brand Operations
Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in over 30 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while continuing to grow our sales. While continuing to grow North America, Ben &Jerry's is expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3-part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
- Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
- Product mission:to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
- Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
Skills & Experience:
Ben & Jerry’s is looking for a creative, driven, empathic, analytical, and organized Ambassador to join our mission and use our business to create progressive change in the world while making the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible. This Ambassador opportunity will assist the North American Brand Building organization in the creation of powerful and consistent branded identity programs that will lead to long-term sales and profit growth for the business. The Ambassador position will report to the Brand & Omni Marketing Manager, and will need to be a team player, working and thriving in a team-based culture.
Our ideal candidate is an undergrad or recent grad majoring in Marketing or Advertising. We desire a candidate that is available for a full year internship, starting in summer 2021, and lasting until summer 2022. This candidate would be available 30-40 hours per week. This person should have strong verbal and written communication skills with extensive knowledge of Web and Social Media. Powerpoint, Word, and Excel experience is strongly desired and will be considered when choosing the best applicant.
Professional Development- What a Candidate Can Expect to Learn on the Job
This position will offer a broad view into the Go-To-Market team at Ben & Jerry’s. Candidates should expect to leave this position with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Understanding of how a business P&L operates and how we manage the 6P’s of marketing to deliver against our financial goals.
- How to work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- The skills to write and brief a creative team while leading creative execution of marketing materials.
- The ability to analyse a business and provide recommendations based on data.
- The ability to track competitive activity and provide recommendations based on qualitative learnings coupled with data analysis.
Role & Responsibilities – Summary of the Internship’s purpose
This position will help lead the development of in-store and online point-of-sale (POS) assets that will help to build and strengthen the Ben & Jerry’s brand. You will work in maintaining our brand essence on retailer websites and assist in various aspects of new product launches. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining Innovation databases
- Online asset management of product images and facilitating asset requests
- Various aspects of the innovation process including: Innovation research, creation of mock ups, facilitating Sales Sample ship outs, and addition of new products to Nielsen database
- Lead the asset creation for other North American country execution
- Retailer and Ben & Jerry website audits
- Coupon analysis and budget tracking
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Assist with eCommerce asset development & maintenance
Our people profile
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with through our Social Mission
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders – this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn, grow and develop to contribute to B&Js
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social connectivity
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and 2-3 references to: email@example.com