At Ben & Jerry’s Homemade we produce the best ice cream in the world, known for its high quality, unique chunks & swirls, and quirky personalities like Chubby Hubby, Cherry Garcia and Americone Dream.
Ben & Jerry’s mission has always meant more than how flavors taste and how fast they fly off the shelf. We strive to create social justice and sustainability for our communities at home and abroad; continually fine-tuning our operations to respect and restore the environment; never losing sight of our goal for extraordinary products while, at the same time, making a difference in our society.
This is your chance to work in a relaxed but casually intense environment while bringing to life one of the most beloved brands in the world. You will be respected for your contributions while partnering with a diverse group of coworkers who have a strong passion for activism and social justice. Wear what you want (jeans, sweatpants, shorts and even your pajamas), bring your dog to work, and take home three free pints a day! We offer flexible working hours to accommodate class schedules.
We are currently looking for an Intern in our Marketing department to help in the development of in-store and online point-of-sale(POS) assets that will help to build and strengthen the B&J’s brand. You will also work in maintaining our brand essence on retailer websites, assist in various aspects of new product launches, and help out on other brand building aspects of the business.
Our ideal candidate is an undergrad majoring in Marketing or Advertising. We desire a candidate that is available for a full year internship, starting in late spring 2018, and lasting until late spring 2019. This candidate would be available 20-25 hours per week across 4 weekdays during the school year (with flexibility around classes), and 35-40 hours per week across 5 weekdays in the summer. Or if you are a recent graduate or “soon-to-be” graduate, please don’t hesitate to apply. This person should have strong verbal and written communication skills with extensive knowledge of Web and Social Media. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel experience are strongly desired and will be considered when choosing the best applicant.
Role & Responsibilities – Summary of the purpose:
This position will help lead the development of in-store and online point-of-sale (POS) assets that will help to build and strengthen the Ben & Jerry’s brand. You will work in maintaining our brand essence on retailer websites and assist in various aspects of new product launches. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining Innovation databases
- Online asset management of product images and facilitating asset requests
- Various aspects of the innovation process including: Innovation research, creation of mock ups, facilitating Sales Sample ship outs, and addition of new products to Nielsen database
- Lead the asset creation for other North American country execution
- Retailer and Ben & Jerry website audits
- Coupon analysis and budget tracking
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Assist with the execution of mobile tours and rally events
Our people profile:
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with our social mission agenda
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social change
- Equity: recognizing power dynamics and how biases play out in interactions throughout society; this awareness and these skills are necessary so that throughout our business we engage respectfully and make decisions fairly.
If interested, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben & Jerry’s/Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchised Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition: We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales. The model is as simple as it is radical: When the company benefits, all those touched by the company also benefit, including employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. Therefore we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
1) Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
2) Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
3) Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.