Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry’s:
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly owned subsidiary of Unilever with the remainder of an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality.
Ben & Jerry’s has an inspiring ambition. We aim to be Unilever’s next billion € brand and are expanding rapidly in Europe and in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment married with our uncompromising grassroots and activist spirit. That is how we remain a true purpose-led organization with a connected 3-part mission that are reflected in our KPI’s:
Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally, and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic JusticeProduct mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctionsEconomic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
Our People Profile
To support our 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact through our social mission agenda
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social change
- Equity: recognizing power dynamics and how biases play out in interactions throughout society; this awareness and these skills are necessary so that throughout our business we engage respectfully and make decisions fairly
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The primary role of the Senior Web Developer is to support and evolve the Ben & Jerry’s global website ecosystem. You will work closely with other Ben & Jerry’s and agency developers to design, develop and maintain consumer facing web sites and integrations across a large global footprint. You will work with a cross functional team of U.S. based Ben & Jerry’s staff to develop and execute progressive, innovative, and strategic winning campaigns that support progressive social change.
- Monitors and research emerging technologies, consumer behavior and site analytics to inform innovation opportunities
- Collaborates with other developers and agencies/vendors on projects or integration with other platforms
- Collaborates with other functional areas of the business (Marketing, Activism) to translate business objectives and initiatives into technical solutions
- Interfaces with broader IT team to ensure proper alignment with enterprise platforms
- Ensures user interface design and development adheres to best practices for user experience (UX) patterns, core web vitals, SEO, accessibility, security and consumer data regulations
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent level of experience
- 3-5 years’ experience developing responsive, web-based applications
- Passion for exploring new technologies
- Strong analytical, organization and communication skills
- Experience with dynamic page development using scripting languages like JSP, PHP
- Experience with content management systems and principles
- Experience with mobile-first design/development strategies
- Experience working with a team in a continuous integration environment
- Experience with Java application development: IDE, frameworks, version control, runtime, etc.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure principles and solutions
- Experience with core web vitals/site speed optimization
- Experience with global/multilingual site development strategies
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards/best practices
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms, tag management platforms and associated technologies
- Working knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, and user centric design principles
- Strong consultation, interpersonal and influencing skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.