Job Posting: US Integrated Marketing Manager
Ben & Jerry’s:
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly owned autonomous subsidiary of Unilever with a unique governance structure that provides for an independent Board of Directors vested with primary responsibility for advancing Ben & Jerry's social mission and ensuring the essential integrity of the brand.
Ben & Jerry’s is one of Unilever’s most valuable and iconic brands, with annual turnover exceeding €1 Billion, and with high ambitions to double the business, and expand its impact throughout the world. Central to the mission of Ben & Jerry's is the belief that all three parts of its mission must thrive equally. This translates into a high-paced growth environment without compromising our grassroots and activist spirit. That is how we remain a true purpose-led organization with a connected 3-part mission, which you will find reflected in our KPI’s.
Ben & Jerry’s 3-Part Mission:
Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally, and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic Justice
Product mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctions
Economic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
As the US Integrated Marketing Manager, you will have the responsibility of managing our consumer marketing campaigns and activities in our largest market globally.
You will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Integrated Marketing campaigns across our primary consumer touchpoints including advertising, digital content, paid media, events/experiential, and partnerships. You’ll partner with the PR, Retail, Brand Operations, CMI, Customer Development, Social Mission, and Digital teams to ensure campaigns are integrated across all channels. Moreover, you will be the primary marketing and communications partner with our activism team to develop and execute brand-led activism campaigns.
In this role, you will lead a fan-centric, culture obsessed, and values driven, integrated marketing team focused on building brand love, cultural relevance, and memorable strategies and tactics to drive short term sales, social impact, and long-term equity for Ben & Jerry’s.
As a strategic, executional, and creative leader, the US Integrated Marketing Manager will be a key member of the US Marketing team, reporting to the Global Head of Integrated Marketing.
- Responsible for developing and executing consumer marketing programs that support the brand strategy and deliver impactful results across Ben & Jerry’s three-part mission.
- Partner with the Sr. Manager of NA Brand Operations on overall US Marketing strategy and annual plans.
- Partner with the Sr. Manager of NA Brand Operations and Digital Marketing team to develop and execute all paid media plans in the US.
- Lead and mentor a team of integrated marketers, prioritizing activities that support the company’s strategic goals while fostering a culture of inspiration, growth, and empowerment.
- Drive the development and strategy for US Consumer marketing plans including media, advertising, content, promotions, social mission communications and activism.
- Create strong relationships with external marketing agencies, working collaboratively to deliver compelling results.
- Embed the company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion work throughout all marketing and communications workstreams from a budget, workflow, and input perspective.
- Partner with Marketing Insights team to understand our approach to driving brand relevant messaging on campaigns and activations.
- Work hand in hand with our Retail Scoop Shop marketing team to develop strategies and campaigns to drive traffic and sales for our franchise system.
- Provide leadership for Vermont sponsorship and community engagement program.
- Proactively cultivate an inclusive environment that prioritizes psychological safety, and creates a place where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and nationalities feel welcomed, appreciated, and most of all, love working together
- Lead and inspire big, innovative, creative thinking that drives differentiation and brand love, and cascades into impactful business results.
- Bachelor’s degree (or applicable experience) required.
- 5+ years of consumer marketing experience in a fast-paced, high pressure marketing environment, preferably within a CPG business, franchise organization, national brand(s), and/or agency
- Deeply familiar with brand strategy, multi-channel execution (paid and owned), social platforms, e-commerce, influencer strategies, earned media, retail marketing, community building and have executed these at scale, driving business results and brand equity along the way.
- Skilled at building brand awareness and igniting consumer action.
- Demonstrated understanding how to utilize social media and social platforms to build movements, support campaigns, build understanding and drive consumers to take action.
- Experience with experiential and event marketing activations.
- Skilled at budget management with a focus on budget allocation and optimization and the ability to build business cases for annual plans and strategic initiatives.
- Experience with franchise systems and franchisees is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- Experience with presentation and communication skills along with the ability to professionally communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships with diverse individuals, internally and externally through direct and positive communications.
- Leadership skills including the ability to build teams, motivate, guide, develop & mentor, including direct reports and cross functionally.
- Experience managing teams through creating trust, psychological safety, and effective delegation & empowerment.
- Cooperative team player with an upbeat, positive, “can-do” attitude!
- Hybrid workplace
- Dog friendly office environment
- Volunteer days off
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday pay
- 401(k) Retirement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Learning and development programs
- Discount programs
- Access to our gym at headquarters and the local area
- 3 Free pints a day!
- Hybrid Office environment based in South Burlington, VT, some repetitive motion required.
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time.
Central Support (South Burlington, VT) - Hybrid
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.
Ben & Jerry’s is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.