OVERVIEW of Project Work
Ben & Jerry’s is looking to proactively build an inclusive and equitable culture through continuing to hire and retain a diverse team at all levels. We understand to achieve this goal, establishing diverse slates and limiting selection bias is paramount at the recruitment and hiring stage. We are looking for a talented individual, passionate about racial equity to help us identify new ways of working focused on a method to further anonymize our hiring process with a goal of improving racial equality outcomes in our hiring practices. We are confident this newly applied methodology will allow us to attract the best talent and a workforce that reflects our increasingly interconnected global marketplace.
This project will include the following components:
- Evaluation of the hiring process across global organization
- Recommended best practices and strategies for recruitment and selection process
- Recommendation of talent pipeline process built on the foundation of racial equity principles, including identification of sourcing groups
- Work with global expertise teams across Unilever to understand, including knowledge sharing with multiple geographies and stakeholder
- Facilitate learning and acclimation of global leadership to new processes and practices
- Review current process of facilitating racial gap closures in the workplace and recommend best practice, metrics to be used to analyze, report, and react.
How we will measure success?
- Implementation of recruitment and selection process with 100% completion for all Line Manager immersion training
- Operationalize new ways of working for sourcing and outreach to attract diversified talent
- Development of metrics and cadence to support data collection and reporting, including transparency and action planning ways of working
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Research / investigative skills
- Project management
- Organizational skills
- Excel, PowerPoint
Potential Majors of Interest: Human Studies, Anthropology, Entrepreneurial Studies, International / Global Studies, Business, Human Resources
Schedule & Environment:
- Min 10-15 hours per week
- Remote working environment
Project End Date: December 31, 2020
Ben & Jerry’s is committed to pursuing social justice throughout our business. We believe that our internal policies and practices are our greatest opportunity to integrate and live our social justice values and make them clearly visible.
In the realm of recruitment and hiring, this means that we are not only an Equal Opportunity Employer, but also proactive in embedding fairness and equity into an inclusive recruitment, selection and hiring process. Ben & Jerry’s is looking to revise its recruitment and hiring policies and practices and launching training on fair and inclusive hiring for all line managers and employees with these responsibilities.
- We value the knowledge, expertise, and skills that individuals bring based on their different group identities, life experiences, and backgrounds. Our success relies on talented individuals who share our passion by bringing innovation and insights that stem from their different perspectives.
- Our goal is to recruit top talent that reflects the diversity of the world and global marketplace we do business in.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com