As we face the global challenge that COVID-19 has presented, I want to update you on the many actions underway.
Our #1 priority remains ensuring the health and safety of our teammates, our fans, and the communities we serve. As we monitor the development of the global pandemic, we continue working to support and comply with all directions from the experts at the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health officials in each region. We appreciate their guidance, expertise, and support in this challenging time. We have taken a number of actions to fight the spread of the virus. While there has been no known exposure at any of our Ben & Jerry’s locations, we must be vigilant and continue working together. Actions include:
- We have connected directly with every single Ben & Jerry’s employee globally to ensure they understand and have the support they need to follow all WHO & CDC guidelines for staying healthy and fighting the spread of COVID-19
- We have increased our workplace cleaning and sanitation protocols and procedures carried out in all Ben & Jerry’s manufacturing sites and Scoop Shops, addressing all areas from tables to countertops and all surfaces people are in contact with, to ensure a proper, deep cleaning; And we continue working closely with all our partners and suppliers to do the same
- We have postponed our annual global Free Cone Day and will reschedule when we are sure we can safely hold the celebration with our entire global community
- We have temporarily suspended guest operations at our Waterbury, Vermont factory tour location
- We have stopped all international and domestic travel via mass transit that’s non-critical until further notice, and postponed all company gatherings
- We have instituted a work-from-home plan for all our office locations globally; And are working to ensure the mental wellbeing of all our teammates in additional to our physical health
Importantly, every day we are continuing to evaluate the best ways to support our activities and operations to keep our teammates and fans safe and healthy. Ben & Jerry’s global franchisee community continues to operate in close collaboration with guidance from local authorities as well as the WHO and CDC. We recommend contacting your local Scoop Shop to confirm store hours. We have temporarily closed our Scoop Shops in the Netherlands, France, and Spain in compliance with local government measures on restaurant openings, and we will monitor the situation every day.
My team and I appreciate all the individuals and organizations dealing with the virus on the frontlines. We all must do whatever is in our control to help be part of the solution. I want to thank the Ben & Jerry’s family – I am grateful for the leadership, relentless hard work and compassion of all our teammates and partners around the world. I also want to thank our fans – I ask for your continued support and patience as we work through this challenge together. You have my commitment that we will do everything we can, every day. We will provide updates here as the situation proceeds. Thank you!