Over the top? Possibly. Whether you slap this baby together and eat it over the kitchen sink or layer it lovingly, top it with maple syrup and eat it like a civilized human being, it’s sure to be the highlight of your taste buds’ day. This bad boy is best shared with a friend or two...or six.
- French toast
- Peanut butter
- Bacon, cooked to your liking
- Ben & Jerry’s Triple Caramel Ice Cream or your favorite flavor
- Maple syrup (optional)
What To Do:
- Choose 2 slices of leftover French toast, or make some just for this occasion (see below).
- Spread both slices with peanut butter.
- Add a layer of sliced banana to one slice.
- Top with 2 or 3 slices of thick cut crispy bacon, perhaps also left over from breakfast.
- Top with Ben & Jerry’s Triple Caramel ice cream.
- Place the other slice right on top of the ice cream.
- Slice in half.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 C. heavy cream, milk, or a combination
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 4 slices challah, brioche or other white bread, sliced 1” thick
Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a shallow dish, lay bread in egg mixture, making sure to flip and coat both sides. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add enough butter to coat. Fry bread in pan, flipping when golden and toasty or 2-3 minutes per side, repeat with the remaining slices. Remove to wire rack to cool for sandwich making.