- 1/2 pint Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Cherry Garcia ice cream, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne chili powder (or more, if you can take the heat!)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Just over 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cherry jam
- 2 pints of Cherry Garcia ice cream, softened
- 1 15 oz. can dark sweet cherries, drained, with liquid reserved
- 2 pints of Chocolate Cherry Garcia ice cream, softened
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. reserved cherry juice
- 10 oz. chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Decorative Extras (optional):
- even more Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- chopped nuts
- cherry sauce
- birthday candles
First, prepare the brownie base. Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9” round cake pan. Combine all ingredients except the cherry jam and pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Dollop the cherry jam randomly atop the brownies, then use a knife or chopstick to make decorative swirls in the jam. Bake the brownie for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
Place the brownie disc in the bottom of a 9” spring form pan.
Carefully spread 2 pints of Cherry Garcia ice cream over the brownie, leaving a smooth, even surface.
Top with drained cherries, distributed evenly.
Spread 2 pints of Chocolate Cherry Garcia ice cream over the top, leaving a smooth, even surface. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
To make the whipped cream frosting, whip the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks, add the powdered sugar and cherry juice, and whip to combine.
To make the chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave in short 25 second bursts until completely melted.
Remove the cake from the freezer and remove the outer ring from the pan. Cover the cake with the whipped cream, either smoothly and evenly, or making swirls and peaks. Get creative!
Drizzle the chocolate sauce gently over the top, then return the cake to the freezer for another 30 minutes before serving.
To serve, decorate your Chocolate Cherry Firecracker Cake in whatever wild, wacky way you like! Top it with sparklers, cherries, more ice cream — whatever inspires you! — and enjoy!