Ice cream sundaes are the height of ice cream euphoria. The ice cream, chocolate sauce and other goodies complement each other so well that you may believe there’s no better way to make an ice cream sundae. But what if that sundae was inside a cookie cup? Yup, that would make it even better. Trust us, this ice cream sundae hack will have you wondering what else you can put in a cookie cup.
What You’ll Need:
For the cookie cups:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the chocolate sauce:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Standard muffin pan(s)
- 1 pint of your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, then mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing at a low speed until the dry mixture is completely combined.
- Scoop the dough into a greased muffin pan using an ice cream scoop, dividing it evenly between 12 cups.
- Press down the center of each cookie with a small spice container, creating a cup shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Let the cookie cups cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then gently remove each one and let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Scoop your favorite Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor into each cookie cup.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the ice cream.
- To save your sundaes for later, place them on a tray in the freezer to harden. Then, before serving, let them sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes.
To make the chocolate sauce:
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, combine the coconut oil and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 20 seconds on high.
- Stir until chips are melted and sauce is smooth.