Ben & Jerry’s Vermont Manufacturing team has immediate career opportunities to support our St. Albans and Waterbury locations in performing various functions in the ice cream production process to ensure safe operation of the machinery, with a focus on producing quality products. Do you love classic Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors like Half Baked, Cherry Garcia, or the original Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough? Become a part of our thriving community of ice cream gurus making the best-possible ice cream in the world in the nicest way possible!
Ben & Jerry’s offers competitive pay for our full-time employees along with a slew of top benefits. Production Worker pay for 12 hour shifts is up to $22.39 per hour for AM shift & $24.62 per hour for PM shift. Shifts run on a 2/2/3 shift pattern 7:00am-7:30pm (AM Shift) and 7:00pm-7:30am (PM Shift).
Some of our many benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision effective first day of employment
- Performance bonuses paid monthly
- 401K with up to 9% employee match
- 3 FREE pints of ice cream a day – yep, every day!
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Fitness programming and rebates
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Patagonia & PrAna Partnership discount
- Employee discounts to local Vermont attractions and businesses
- And many, many more!
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Perform the various ice cream production process
- Equipment setup and flavor changeovers.
- Operate as a business unit and understand quality, cost, downtime, safety and efficiency.
- Perform preventative maintenance as part of the standard process.
- Use the automated computer systems to manage the quality, efficiency and downtime in the process.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment and quality related process problems.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized process area.
- Lead projects and document results.
- Participate fully on the team: listen, communicate, teach, share knowledge, give feedback, support other team members and be willing to work until the job is done.
- Consistently demonstrate safe work behaviors and actively support company safety goals.
- Manufacturing environment, individuals will be expected to work on the manufacturing floor and be exposed to mechanical operations and cleaning and caustic solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
In addition there will be exposure to allergens such as dairy, eggs, tree nuts, coconut, peanuts, wheat (gluten), soybean and cinnamon.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Knowledge to properly utilize Personal Protective Gear such as ear protection, safety glasses, hard hats, boots, gloves, face shields and uniforms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to read and understand product specifications
- Ability to complete job related documentation
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work with and around industrial strength cleaning chemicals
- Ability to understand general machine operations including Lockout Tagout (LOTO), basic trouble shooting skills and light lubrication
- Ability to create, write and deliver training related to specific positions.
- Ability to perform related tasks as needed per position
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
- This is a direct hire, full time position with a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, tuition/fitness reimbursement, paid leaves, Monthly Bonus payouts , etc.).
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (where applicable).
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law