Ben & Jerry’s Vermont Manufacturing team has immediate career opportunities to support our St. Albans and Waterbury locations in performing various functions in the ice cream production process to ensure safe operation of the machinery, with a focus on producing quality products. Do you love classic Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors like Half Baked, Cherry Garcia, or the original Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough? Become a part of our thriving community of ice cream gurus making the best-possible ice cream in the world in the nicest way possible!
Ben & Jerry’s offers competitive pay for our full-time employees along with a slew of top benefits. Warehouse Associate pay for 12 hour shifts is up to $19.03 per hour for AM shift & $21.26 per hour for PM shift. Additional compensation offered for Class A CDL drivers. Shifts run on a 2/2/3 shift pattern 7:00am-7:30pm (AM Shift) and 7:00pm-7:30am (PM Shift).
Some of our many benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision effective first day of employment
- Up to $5,000 in performance bonuses paid quarterly
- 401K with up to 9% employee match
- 3 FREE pints of ice cream a day – yep, every day!
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Fitness programming and rebates
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Care@Work – Child Care, Senior Care, & Pet Care programs
- Patagonia & PrAna Partnership discount
- Employee discounts to local Vermont attractions and businesses
- A safe, fun environment with COVID protocols & guidelines. Uniforms & PPE are provided.
- And many, many more!
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Safely operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs) in a variety of warehouse environments to load and unload shipments.
- Utilize Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) system to receive, issue, and ship materials.
- Perform cycle counts for inventory verification.
- Ship and receive packages and distribute to appropriate locations.
- Operate packaging machinery and palletization systems in compliance with finished product specifications.
- Comply with all Safety and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) guidelines (including but not limited to):
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lockout Tagout (LOTO)
- Working at Heights
- Fire Prevention
- Safe Start Machine Guarding
- Comply with all OSHA guidelines (examples but not limited to):
- Hazardous Material handling/labeling/storage
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly and clean manner.
In addition there will be exposure to allergens such as dairy, eggs, tree nuts, coconut, peanuts, wheat (gluten), soybean and cinnamon.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (REQUIRED).
- Basic Math and English skills.
- Basic understanding of Safety practices such as the use of Personal Protective Equipment (ear protection, safety glasses, hard hats, boots, gloves, face shields and uniforms) and Safety Data Sheets.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes sufficient to perform tasks in manufacturing areas.
- Basic understandings of inventory management systems and associated processes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of quality specifications sufficient to identify concerns with raw materials, finished product, packaging, wrap and pallets.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Frequent work in cold climate freezer storage center (0-20 degrees F).
- Previous experience operating forklifts / Powered Industrial Trucks a plus.
- Previous experience using SAP / EWM a plus.
- Additional compensation for Class A CDL drivers.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
- This is a direct hire, full time position with a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, tuition/fitness reimbursement, paid leaves, Qrtly Bonus payouts , etc.).
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (where applicable).
- Covid-19 guidelines/protocols are enforced.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.