Job Title: Associate Marketing Manager
Department: US Integrated Marketing
Reports To: US Integrated Marketing Manager
Location: South Burlington, VT or remote
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Looking to work for the most iconic (and delicious) ice cream company on the planet? This role is responsible for bringing the joy of Ben & Jerry’s to life in just about every way possible. Through our euphoric advertising, sumptuous social media, and other all the other tool in the ice cream toolbox like websites and events – this role has a hand to continuing the legacy that Ben and Jerry started in 1978 through innovative and exciting marketing efforts. Apply now! Oh, and did we mention that you get three free pints a day??
ABOUT BEN & JERRY’S
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever with the remainder of an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality.
Ben & Jerry’s has an inspiring ambition to use its position as beloved ice cream company to advance progressive social change. This translates into a fast-paced environment married with an uncompromising grassroots and activist spirit. That is how we remain a true progressive values led organization with a connected 3-part mission that are reflected in our KPI’s:
- Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic Justice
- Product mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctions
- Economic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Associate Marketing Manager is to develop end to end marketing programs, rooted in but not limited to digital, and maintain a robust digital ecosystem to support them. Core functions include:
- Executing E-commerce Advertising
- Managing Digital + Technology Ecosystem
- Facilitating Content Development
- Building Consumer Engagement Programs
- Generating Program Reporting & Insights
A successful Associate Marketing Manager will forge strong working relationships with key internal teams including: Brand, PR, Retail, Creative, Social Mission, and Web. Additionally, the AMM will have a high level of interaction and management of media, creative, and other external agency partners.
The AMM will support the US Integrated Marketing manager by being both a strategic enabler of digital within the broader team while simultaneous building and activating key marketing initiatives, and in doing so, act as a key facilitator across relevant teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver omni-channel digital experiences against broader business strategies to achieve national marketing objectives
- Lead planning and execution of regional and national marketing programs, including prioritization, budget preparation, timeline management, and participate in cross-functional working groups with Brand, PR, Retail, Creative, Social Mission, and Web teams to ensure seamless execution of these programs
- Support innovation and expansion of E-commerce business focused on paid performance marketing media and the piloting and activation of cutting edge, full funnel, digital e-commerce advertising
- Act as key point of contact on US Integrated Marketing team for website technical solutions development, implementation, and maintenance including but not limited to ‘Buy it Now’ (BIN) integrations, data privacy adherence, and accessibility.
- Interface with Retail Operations team and Franchise in a symbiotic fashion to support their business initiatives through digital, and collaborate with franchisees on marketing activations
- Input relevant perspective based on core functions into ongoing digital roadmap to influence future fit strategy including data collection needs via tagging, building 1P database, and other needs based on the changing industry
- Coordinate with key third party vendors, agencies, and marketing partners including project briefings and negotiation, timeline management, budget management, project delivery and reporting
- Support holistic brand storytelling through cross-channel content ecosystem to deliver on the multifaceted experience of Ben & Jerry’s
- Deliver on .com readiness for advertising and consumer programs including required content refresh, data capture requirements, landing page development efforts, and other CMS projects in tandem with web development team
- In collaboration with in-house CMI and Web team, as well as external agencies, ensure appropriate set-up, build out, and sharing of reporting tools for marketing initiatives, rooted in but not limited to relevant dashboard solutions such as Datorama. This includes creation and distribution of wrap report with key metrics and insights.
- Work with US Integrated Marketing Manager and Brand team to translate annual marketing strategy and goals into compelling and effective marketing programs harnessing PR, Events, Digital, and E-commerce. Ensure ability for development and execution to be aligned synergistically with national marketing and business objectives.
- In consultation with US Digital Marketing Manager, ensure effective utilization of core digital consumer touch points to amplify marketing initiatives including but not limited to: website, social media platforms, email and SMS program, and paid media to achieve outlined program objectives.
- Provide US Content Manager the necessary information to execute against marketing initiatives including program details, creative, copy guidance, and other related resources
- Work with internal creative team and external creative agencies to align on data driven creative strategies and subsequently translate into digital assets, as well as collateral materials, to support the roll out and efficacy of marketing programs
- Liaison with Unilever Legal and External Affairs when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years in digital marketing role with demonstrated success of managing development of digital campaigns.
- 2 years in digital marketing role with demonstrated success in e-commerce media buying and / or shopper marketing.
- Experience managing agencies and vendors
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in digital and social media platforms and technology.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in web development, ecommerce, SEO/SEM, Search, and analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding of company mission, goals and objectives.
- Excellent project management skills and initiative are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation for agile working styles to meet evolving needs
- Must be flexible in high stress situations and be able to effectively trouble shoot.
- Experience working in values-led organizations preferred
- Must be able to work independently, to accomplish multiple tasks with limited direct supervision.
- Solid knowledge of computer software systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Solid knowledge of Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Travel expected for this position is approximately 20% of the time, but varies seasonally.
OUR PEOPLE PROFILE
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with our social mission agenda
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social change
- Equity: recognizing power dynamics and how biases play out in interactions throughout society; this awareness and these skills are necessary so that throughout our business we engage respectfully and make decisions fairly
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.