June 24, 2022
Overturning Roe v. Wade transforms the fight for abortion rights. But it goes beyond that—it’s the culmination of a decades-long strategy by far-right politicians and the judges they appoint to limit many of our most cherished rights, strike down established precedents, and control what we can and cannot do with our bodies and in our private lives.
Here are four things we can do now to take care of each other, protect our rights, and support the movement.
Take Action Now!
Grow, share, and support resources for people seeking abortions
● Organizations around the country have been working for years to support people seeking abortions. They need our help now more than ever.
● Spread the word about how to get abortion pills from Aid Access.
Protect abortion rights at the state level
● On the other hand, about 30 states are considering legislation that would protect or expand protections for abortion. Sixteen states (and Washington, DC) already have laws that protect abortion. Connecticut, for example, just passed a “safe harbor” law that expands access and protects abortion providers and patients from lawsuits.
● Push your state representatives to expand abortion protections! Encourage your federal legislators to pass the Women's Health Protection Act.
Build a collaborative and intersectional movement
● This is about more than abortion. If the right wing is willing to overturn an established precedent like Roe, then many more of our rights are at risk.
● We must unite with friends and allies working for LGBTQ+ rights, voting rights, racial justice, climate justice, and more.
● It’s all part of the same movement. Let’s stand together!
Elect leaders who will defend our rights
● We need leaders at the local, state, and federal level who will stand with us and protect our rights.
● We have to kick out politicians who cynically use fear and lies and issues like abortion only to divide us and get votes.
● We must expand voting rights and keep working to get money out of politics.
We’re All In This Together
We know that overturning Roe is part of a larger effort to strike down many of our most fundamental rights.
But we also know what we need to do to protect ourselves and each other. We can do this. Let’s get to work!
Take Action Now!
The S’more Cone Is Now at Scoop Shops!
The perfect CONE-panion for PB S’more ice cream is now available at Scoop Shops! Learn more about the S’more Cone and then find it near you.
The Future Is Soil! Here’s What We’re Doing to Improve Soil Health on Caring Dairy Farms
We work with our Caring Dairy farms to develop a three-part approach to improve the health of their soil and help fight climate change. Let’s dig in!