And Apply Now!
Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever with the remainder of an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality.
That Is How We Remain a True Purpose-led Organization With a Connected 3-part Mission That Are Reflected In Our KPI’s
Ben & Jerry’s has an inspiring ambition. We are expanding rapidly in Europe and in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment married without uncompromising grassroots and activist spirit.
Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic Justice Product mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctions Economic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
About The Role & What You’ll Do
The primary role of the Head of Innovation US and Asia, New Markets is to support and evolve the Ben & Jerry’s packaged product portfolio. You will work closely with your innovation team and a cross-functional team to create product strategies, new product concepts for research and start-to-finish innovation across the 6P’s. Additionally, you will manage product innovation rollouts across our developing and new markets.
- Lead, develop and implement both the long term and short-term innovation for packaged ice-cream business. Develop innovation plans that supports the company’s strategic growth goals, delivers sustainable incremental business, elevates the brand’s experience and brings the brand values to the forefront.
- Lead the innovation process building a successful model for product development of new platforms and/or categories for existing and emerging sales channels.
- Support the US Marketing team needs for customer and internal sell-in, marketing and media briefing, and post-launch support for all innovation platforms.
- Strategically influence cross-functional partners, B&J Leadership, Unilever Leadership, and the B&J Board of Directors to gain alignment and energy for new product concepts and platforms.
- Gather relevant information and analyze market data (syndicated data, competitive intelligence, and consumer research) to identify emerging trends, consumer needs and/or behaviors that provide insights leading to product, concept and packaging innovation.
- Identify critical high pay off strategies or approaches by assessing the needs, opportunities, and risks associated with new product lines. Considers and employs research and feasibility analysis; analyze competitive intelligence and direct marketing executions to extend brand equity and achieve long-term Brand and financial objectives.
- Manage and build a highly effective team committed to business goals, fosters collaboration among team members and high levels of employee engagement.
- Direct new product / concept activities in collaboration with R&D, CMI, Operations, Design, Public Relations, Legal and outside consultants by providing product/project objectives, parameters, and ongoing feedback.
- Act as key connector between Ben & Jerry’s innovation and the other Unilever Innovation marketing teams, managing information flow and reporting.
- Utilize systems, processes and communication/reporting methods for project management, budgets, and marketing programs.
- Exhibit commitment to the company’s social mission and Marketing's vital role in delivering all three elements of Ben & Jerry's three-part mission statement.
- Cultivate Regional Strategic Growth plans across AU, NZ, SG, BRZ, KR, PH & TH (7 mkts) working closely with the ANM Manager and marketing team managers.
- Support ANM Manager in development of product portfolio strategy that will define long term innovation pipeline and growth initiatives for key new markets and look for opportunities to harmonize sourcing, and recipes globally
- New Market Expansion Scoping and building the repeatable model: Opportunity Analysis, Channel Distribution plans, Profitable 5 Yr Business Case, Market Feasibility, Export Operations, Technical and Supply Chain assessment
What You’ll Need To Succeed To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus.
- 7+ years experience as a Brand/Product Marketing Manager in a consumer packaged goods company.
- Successfully execute plans and projects within a matrix organization structure.
- Proven ability to create and promote new ideas and concepts.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proven work experience with a values-led business or demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice agendas.
- Able to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels. Develops effective give and take relationships with others; recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader B&J organization.
- Ability to communicate across different stakeholder groups to influence decision-making.
- Persuades others and gains support and commitment from peers and others, mobilizes others to act.
- Computer, esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Hybrid Office environment, some repetitive motion required.
- Travel required approximately 30% of the time.
What We Can Offer You Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
And Apply Now!