By submitting this form, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
"This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions you agree to by submitting a suggestion through the Suggestion Box on Ben & Jerry’s web site. We set up this form to allow the many consumers like yourself to submit suggestions to us. This Agreement is intended to avoid misunderstandings. Please read and consider the terms of this Agreement carefully before deciding whether or not to submit your suggestion. Ben & Jerry’s will not review or consider a suggestion from you unless you have agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Most of the ideas which are new and useful to us come from people who work at Ben & Jerry’s. Many outside suggestions are already known or available to us, are in our files for future use or development, or have already been tried or exhausted. However, if you have a strikingly new, unusual or different idea, we want to hear about it!
Your suggestion submitted through this form will go into our ever growing Random Genius Ideas Database. This database is reviewed from time to time by Ben & Jerry’s staff. If we decide to use an idea submitted by you, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with a prize or nominal award for your suggestion, such as public recognition, free ice cream or other stuff. Any prize or award for an idea used by Ben & Jerry’s shall be given solely at Ben & Jerry’s discretion.
In addition to the other terms and conditions of this Policy and Agreement, by submitting a suggestion to Ben & Jerry’s, you represent and agree as follows:
- Anything you submit to us through the Suggestion Box that is used by Ben & Jerry’s shall be owned by Ben & Jerry’s.
- Anything you submit to us through the Suggestion Box is not confidential and Ben & Jerry’s has no duty or obligation to hold it in confidence.
- You are not aware that your suggestion is owned or claimed to be owned by a third party or that it infringes the patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of another.
- You are not an employee of Ben & Jerry’s. Employees of Ben & Jerry’s are not eligible to submit suggestions pursuant to this Agreement and Policy.
- Although Ben & Jerry’s may, from time to time, provide a prize or award for useful suggestions, it does so in its sole discretion and is not required to do so.
- Any award or prize given to you by Ben & Jerry’s is accepted by you in full consideration of your suggestion.
- You do not rely, in submitting your suggestion, on any expectation, understanding, prior communication, or contract you believe is implied, and you understand that only the terms written in this Agreement apply to your submission of your suggestion.
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
We encourage you to seek any legal protection of your suggestion that may be available (such as patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property protection) before you submit your suggestion to us, or to anyone else. We urge you to consult with an attorney if you are unsure of whether, or how, your suggestion may be protected by law, and before submitting any suggestion for which compensation is sought or for which you seek to submit on terms or conditions other than those stated in this Agreement.
This Agreement is entered into in the State of Vermont. It, and any dispute arising under or in connection with it, shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Vermont (not including conflicts of laws provisions), and, regardless of where you live, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Vermont. No joint venture, partnership, agency, or employment relationship exists between Ben & Jerry’s and you by virtue of your submitting a suggestion and entering into this Agreement."